At McCrea’s Candies, we use the finest salts, spirits, and seasonings to produce evocatively-flavored, handcrafted, luxe caramel candies. We start with butter and sugar and slow-cook it to just the right temperature. Milk from the local dairy is added along with real-food flavorings. From there, we handroll the caramel and send it through a restored, early twentieth-century cutting and wrapping machine. Our quest: find the perfect combinations of smooth, sweet, fresh, and unexpected using the fewest possible ingredients. Our mission: make the world’s best caramel.
Founded in 2010 and based in Boston, Mass., McCrea’s products are sold in specialty food markets, gift shops, wine and spirits stores, and other boutique retailers. Additionally, we sell to corporate customers, event planners, and promotional marketing professionals. We also sell direct to the consumer via our website.
- Premium ingredients – real food for real flavor
- Locally-sourced cream, milk, and butter
- No corn syrup – ever
- Fair trade, organic vanilla
- Gluten, nut/peanut and soy free
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Reusable, recyclable, biodegradable packaging printed with soy inks
- Shelf life: “enjoy by” 9 months from date of manufacture
- Made in the USA