August 2021 -- Basil Cayenne Month
August is Basil Cayenne Month and we've cooked up a limited edition batch of this fan favorite for you to sell!
Celebrate this sweet-and heat treat with us by....
- Purchasing McCrea's Candies Basil Cayenne pillows which are 10-percent off through August 15!
- Showcasing the flavor in your shop with our Sweet and Spicy S'mores recipe featuring this delicious caramel (recipe available for download as both a shelf talker and as register cards)
- Bundling the caramel via our seasonal cross-selling, bundling and gift ideas to help increase sales
Recipe of the Month / Sweet and Spicy S'mores
- 4 McCrea’s Candies Basil Cayenne caramels
- 4 graham cracker squares (or 2 sheets snapped in half)
- 4 marshmallows
- Unwrap caramel and place on a plate near the fire to warm and soften.
- Roast marshmallows until gooey and browned to your liking.
- Place 2 pieces of warm caramel onto one graham cracker. Top with 2 roasted marshmallows and second graham cracker. Enjoy!
YIELD: 2 S'mores
Download the recipe card here.
Download register cards here.
Cross Selling Ideas
Green Thumb Gardener's Basket
Basil + Cayenne is a gardener's dream combo. Bundle our caramel, the recipe card and everything a horticulturalist needs, including gloves, a knee pad, a trowel, and some seeds into a perfect planter's present.
Summer Grilling Gift Box
It's the dog days of summer and everyone is BBQing. Package the caramel and recipe card with an apron, a checked cloth, and/or a cookbook for a sensational summertime hostess gift. A wonderful way to say thanks for the invite.
National S'mores Day Celebration
National S'mores Day is August 10 and McCrea’s Basil Cayenne caramel and recipe card are ideal. Pair them with fluffy marshmallows, gourmet graham crackers, and a skewer or two for the ultimate grill night gift.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published